Creative Commons License
Graveyard Rabbit of South Alameda County by Cheryl Palmer is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Welcome from a Graveyard Rabbit

Welcome to my new blog, "Graveyard Rabbit of South Alameda County." I am honored and excited to be included as a Charter Member of this Association. Let me introduce you to the Graveyard Rabbits!

The founder of the Graveyard Rabbits is Terry Thorton. His Graveyard Rabbit blog is "The Graveyard Rabbit of the Hill Country." Terry chose the name of this association from a poem by Frank Lebby Staton, an American poet from the deep south. The poem is actually called "The Graveyard Rabbits" and refers to graveyards, superstitions and you got it, rabbits!

Blog members of this association will be contributing information on cemeteries in the geographical areas the blog title pertains to. These bloggers will being posting pictures, writing about grave markers, customs, and the historical value of graveyards. We strive to see vandalism in graveyards stopped. We plan to bring you information you can use, and hopefully learn from, including historical content.

You will find a list on the side of this blog that will give you links to other Graveyard Rabbits in various locations. Included will be various Genea-Blogger links that I follow and hope you will also enjoy. I will be working on getting this all updated for you as soon as possible. As time progresses, make sure to check for new Graveyard Rabbit blogs added on this site, we hope to see this list expanding, or should I say multiplying, quickly. Wow, wouldn't that be just like rabbits?

Hope you enjoy my new blog and all of the other Graveyard Rabbit's blogs, I know we will enjoy bringing posts from the cemeteries to you!

6 comments:

Kathryn Doyle said...

Hi Cheryl,
Congratulations on your new blog and on being a charter member of the Graveyard Rabbits Association. I'll be watching your progress from the sidelines - too many projects already in the works are keeping me from participating at this time. I'm looking forward to a whole lot of hopping!
California Genealogical Society and Library blog

KeegsMom said...

Hey C! Cool! I'm so intrigued ... and will have fun looking at some of these blogs. I love old graveyards, and here in Maine there are plenty of them with very interesting headstones and epitaphs. (Do you have a Mainer doing this?!) There is a beautiful, old cemetery near us in town that I enjoy walking through, mostly in the fall and winter, as they are incredibly gorgeous those times of year (and mosquito free).

You've got your work cut out for you there in Alameda County! Yikes. So much to cover. You need to retire from your day job.
:)

Good luck, I'll keep checking back!

Cheryl Palmer said...

Hi Kathryn,

Thank you for commenting! I understand how we can all have to many projects! I am looking forward to this one! Please feel free to add any comments, thoughts, ideas, or news that may be helpful! Your input would be wonderful!

Cheryl Palmer said...

Hi keeg's mom!

I don't believe there is anyone covering Maine at this time, but I could be wrong. Oh how I wish I could give up the day job! Thanks for visiting and come back soon!

Anonymous said...

Cheryl,
I'm so glad to see that someone took up Alameda County. I debated on whether I should do it since I've done some research in various cemeteries there. I wish you all the best!

Cheryl Palmer said...

Thanks Mel! Keep in mind though, I haven't taken all of Alameda County, there is the northern part that needs to be covered still! ;-)
Please don't hesitate if you have any input! Thank you for commenting, hope to hear more from you!