Creative Commons License
Graveyard Rabbit of South Alameda County by Cheryl Palmer is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Don't Believe It Was Named After This Tree



This was a beautiful view inside the Lone Tree Cemetery, in Hayward. I could have taken a better picture,it really isn't very straight, however I think you can get the jest of it. This large tree on the hill, I don't believe this is the tree I spoke of in my previous post. The tree I spoke of is the tree the cemetery was named after. I have seen a picture of the tree, and it doesn't look anything like the beautiful one on the hill here. I would need to speak with someone at the cemetery to find out which tree is "THE TREE." I will work on that for a future post.

4 comments:

Julie said...

Lone Tree or not, it's still a great picture.

Cheryl Palmer said...

Thanks Julie, it was a beautiful site.

Anonymous said...

Thats the tree....
if you go up on the hill, you will see that the whole center of the tree is gone. then you will get an idea as to its age.

http://www.usgwarchives.net/ca/alameda/photos/tombstones/lone-tree/lone-tree-view-0.jpg

Cheryl Palmer said...

Hi Anonymous!

Thank you for the information. I am ready to go back and check out the tree closer!