Creative Commons License
Graveyard Rabbit of South Alameda County by Cheryl Palmer is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Saturday, July 17, 2010

The Flanagan's; from Longford, Ireland to Dublin....California


In a previous post on October 6, 2009 I shared the tombstone of Kate, John and Eva Mary Flanagan, which is located at the Dublin Cemetery in Dublin, Ca. You can read that post here. Today I am sharing the inscribed family marker which was placed by their grave site and shares a bit more information. The inscription reads:

Flanagan Family

John and Katherine Donlon Flanagan from Longford, Ireland came to Dublin in 1868. In 1896 John was blinded, but continued to raise sheep and farm with the help of his wife and three girls, Eva, Katherine (Murphy) and Elisabeth (Nevin) who was a teacher at Murray School.



As a reminder, this is their actual memorial. I haven't found out how John became blind, if and when I do I will post an update. Maybe someone reading this knows and will enlighten me!




Copyright © 2010 Cheryl Palmer

No comments: