Creative Commons License
Graveyard Rabbit of South Alameda County by Cheryl Palmer is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Tombstone Tuesday - Claude and Francis Fanzago

Claude and Francis headstone. May 12, 2009. Livermore, Ca. Digital image. Privately held by Cheryl [ADDRESS FOR PRIVATE USE] California. 2009


A few days ago, when my initial plans fell through, I decided to play around on Ancestry.com. I chose a few names from my tree that I hadn't done much, if any, research on. I searched to see if I could find where some of these people may be buried. Accidentally, I found the grave of Claude (Claudio) and his wife Francis. I didn't have a clue who these people were, but I instantly did some work to find out. You see, Fanzago is a very familiar name to me. My daughter's ggrandmother, Marie, was born Marie Fanzago.

I found out Claudio was Marie's brother, so he is my daughter's great grand uncle! I haven't researched this line at all yet, so when I found Claude it was a fantastic surprise! I have no idea how many Fanzago's there are, or have been in California, but it is an unusual name, so I hoped there would be a connection, and there was! The thing that surprised me the most though was the fact that he was buried in the town I live in.

Claudio and his sister Marie were both born somewhere in Italy. Marie was about three years older than Claudio. Their father, Carlo, and their mother, Leona also gave birth to Giuseppina. She was about five years younger than Claudio. I need to do more research to find out if there were any more siblings, and to find out where in Italy they stem from.

I am thrilled to have found this grave site and additional information for this line! And just think, it was all accidental!

No comments: